One personal reason for me to yearn for a Warren vs Clinton primary contest

One personal reason for me to yearn for a Warren vs Clinton primary contest

by digby

John Dickerson has a piece explaining why an Elizabeth Warren run would be good for Hillary Clinton, which is the favorite kind of beltway piece on the subject. I think what they like most about it is this part:
She would energize the Democratic Party’s liberal base, which would then stir up other Democrats who seek to moderate or contain that group.
That's always such fun. And I suspect the Villagers are yearning for a way to balance the crazy tea partiers with some false hippie equivalence. They are obviously uncomfortable with the fact that the crazies are a bunch of nice, white Real Americans whose culture and desires they've spent the last half century insisting they represent in Washington. How embarrassing for them ...

I would welcome a Warren run for lots of good substantive policy and political reasons and I'll undoubtedly write reams about this over the next couple of years if Warren decides to run. But let me just point out the one reason Dickerson doesn't mention: how wonderful it would be for me to watch two intelligent, accomplished women stand for president and debate the issues? It's still hard for me to believe that this would be the first time it's happened.

.